Thursday, June 25, 2015

My (Apollo) Creed!

6/25/15

Hey Friends, it's freewriting time again, here we go.

So, I've just spent maybe 30-40 minutes trying to articulate what my personal creed might be.  If you are really curious just check my previous post.  Now, while I've stated some things that are definitely true about myself, and the way I've always approached life, it was just plain ugh.  By that, I mean I don't do well defining myself.  Does anyone?  I would have been much more comfortable just writing and making snide, sarcastic/funny comments in parenthesis as I go along. (like the title of this post, get it, Apollo, Creed.  No I don't care if you don't think it's funny.  What do you mean you haven't seen Rocky?  Go find Rocky's 1-4, watch them, then come back and finish this.  You'll thank me.)

Well, that was a nice side tangent.  The joys of freewriting.  Banana!  Look at this power I wield!!  But back to the matter at hand.  I think I could have told you about the creed of 2-3 other people that I really know in the time I spent this evening trying to put down just a few concepts or ideas about what I could call my creed.  I think I just scratched the surface.  That's probably a good thing.  Tonight was just the preamble, if you will.  To entertain a construction metaphor, we've laid a foundation and we've gotten a wall or two framed.  Ooohhh, metaphors, so shiny.

I realize that I've spoken of cat pictures, and as of yet, no cat pics.  They will be there.  Don't you fret.

In the meantime, that's all the time for this exercise friends.  Have a great night, day, or whatever time in between this may find you.

And that's the ten minute mark.  I do have to say, this whole freewriting thing is kind of fun.  It's a bit freeing to not have to completely structure what you are saying since the goal is to keep writing for the whole ten minutes, or whatever you set your timer for.

Thanks for reading,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment