Thursday, June 25, 2015

What's in a Creed?

I've never considered what my creed might be before, but since I've been assigned to write a brief summation about it, here goes.

The first would be that I use my sense of humor to keep a sense of perspective about things, good, bad, indifferent, there is almost always something funny about whatever you're going through at the moment.  It might just take some time and distance.  I think if you can find a way to laugh during the difficult times in life it can keep it from being too overwhelming.

Kindness, reliability, trustworthiness are all things I have always valued, even when I've failed to live up to my own standards.  

I don't like using the word 'promise', if I say I will do something or be somewhere.  That's what I'll do.  

I tend to believe the best in people even though that sometimes lends itself to misjudging their character or motives.

This seems like a good start, more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment