Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ah Peanut Butter...

7/16/2015

Friends let's be real for a moment,

Peanut butter may just be the most amazing single food on the planet.  Okay, maybe not.  But, I do love peanut butter, and I've been making journal entries most of the night and now I'm a little tired and loopy.  My apologies, but this could get weird.

My favorite use of peanut butter is straight out of the jar.  Big spoon.  If I crack open that lid, you can be certain we aren't just having one spoonful.  A close second, would be just a good old fashion PB&J.  With strawberry thank you very much.

Since my schedule is tightly packed these days, getting to bed for a decent nights sleep can easily fall by the wayside.  So usually, my morning breakfast consists of protein shake alongside two to three healthy spoonfuls of slightly sweet, creamy, peanuty goodness sent straight down by God Almighty.

I enjoy peanut butter so much, I think it's a little weird when people don't like it.  My wife for instance.  She's not a big fan.  She's told me why.  It's not a crazy reason, like, it's full of synthetic, mind controlling, GMO based, nano robots.  But inside, part of me goes "Really?" anytime she turns down the offer of that thick not so nectar like, nut based mana from heaven.  (I mentioned this could get weird right?  It feels a little weird.)

Sometimes, if I really want to cut loose, I'll fix Nutella and peanut butter together in the same spoonful.
"Who is this madman?!"  You all must be asking yourselves.

Well, I'll tell you.  I'm just a hardworking, peanut butter loving, future dental hygienist; that has an assignment for his English class due and I'm running low on ideas at the moment.  Ooh, maybe for one of the posts I have left to do I'll write an entry from the perspective of a jar of peanut butter, all about how it's sitting on the shelf just hoping to fulfill it's destiny to one day be the hero of snack time at a kindergarten, or maybe the crucial ingredient for a sweet seven year old's afternoon snack of ants on a log.

Yeah, that was weird.  Good night folks.  Thanks for sticking around.

D

1 comment:

  1. David,
    If your wife ever reads this entry, she's bound to get super jealous of your apparent infatuation for peanut butter. I don't know if I've ever come across anyone who loves the stuff as much as you. :)
    Weird thing is that my dad will eat pretty much anything out there. He grew up in some islands in the North Atlantic, and they eat all sorts of weird, Fear Factor type "food" on a regular basis. Yet the one food he can't stand is peanut butter.
    I suppose my liking for the substance would fall somewhere between my dad's disgust of it and your love for it.

    Oh, and I'm sure you've tried most of these, but here's a list of a few more things that are great with peanut butter:
    Celery
    Apples
    With Bananas and Bread
    With Cucumbers and Bread

    And my mom introduced me to this new concoction recently:
    Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise, Tomatoes, (and something else I'm forgetting) on Bread.

    (This reminds me of the old Monty Python skit on Spam!)

    ReplyDelete