Thursday, July 16, 2015

More errands...

7/16/2015

What!?  Another post?

Yes Friends, it's deadline time, and being the consummate procrastinator that I am, it's high time I play catch up on these journal posts.

So, more about my first day back from vacation.

I overslept.  Big surprise.  I attempted to get some of my normal work done, but thanks to previously discussed flat tires.  I arrived too late and had to go back the next day.  Bummer, sort of.  Then it was time for shots and lab work.  I'm about to begin the Dental Hygiene program at OTC this fall.  Part of what's required is being current on certain vaccinations, or proving that you have immunity to those diseases.

First up, some lab work to prove that what my mother said was true, and I had in fact had the chicken pox when I was younger.  Good news, mom was right.  Still have the immunity.  Next up was finding a place that could administer all the shots I needed.  My first choice as it turns out, could only offer one of the three I needed.  On to my second choice.  As I'm headed there, I'm trying to reach my doctor, since one of the vaccines requires a prescription for that location to give me the shot.  The second location checks my insurance to see if any portion of the shots are covered, no luck.  Hooray for paying out of pocket.  Since insurance isn't a factor, I quit waiting to hear from my doctor and just schedule with the local health department, since as it turns out, they don't require a prescription.  I just have to wait til next week for my appointment time.  Mild grrrr.  I really wanted to get this all done at one location, all at once.

The opportunity all this afforded me though is ample chances to get over my aversion to needles.  I wouldn't call it a fear or phobia, but I have definitely been uncomfortable watching myself get shots in the past.  As I'm preparing to enter a healthcare fear, it's probably a good time to begin to confront this and get control over this 'fear'.  It wouldn't be to helpful if I'm uncomfortable getting shots and I have to play pincushion for a lab partner now would it.


That's all for now,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment