Saturday, July 18, 2015

Transitioning...

7/19/2015

Hello again Friends,

Prepare yourselves for a flood of posts, it's deadline day and I have some catching up to do.

This one will be a little more personal.  For roughly the last year and a half I've been working towards a specific goal.  Getting into the Dental Hygiene program at OTC.  This meant, taking prerequisite classes and for my own personal goals, working an extra job so I could pay as I go and not have to take out loans.

Mission accomplished.  Well, the pre-flight mission if you will.  To date, I have not taken out any school loans, so everything has been paid for up to this point.  And, I've been accepted into the Hygiene program.  Hooray.  With trepidation.

There are so many things I don't know at this point.  How hard will this really be?  How much am I going to be able to work?  Are there new things to be accounted for that I didn't even know about?

As a non traditional college student, this will be the first time I've been in school 'full time' since high school.  And only the first half of my senior year at that.  It's exciting to say the least.  Well, exciting for me.  I feel a bit like a kid waiting to go to school for the first time.  Hopefully it's not like my first day of first grade.  I think I threw up and didn't feel well.  Plus, this being in the dark times before cell phones, I had to wait around at school for them to reach one of my parents to come and get me.

It also marks the first big step away from the job I've had for the last ten plus years washing windows.  It's been a sweet gig for the most part.  Lots of flexibility and I'm good at it.  It feels a little weird to finally be at a finish line of sorts for this chapter in my life.  Perhaps more appropriately, the home stretch for this chapter.
Either way, there is still plenty left to do.

Thanks,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment