Sunday, July 19, 2015

Breakfast Champions...

7/19/2015

Good Morning Friends,

I hope four and a half hours of sleep has served you as well as it has me; because I'm exhausted right now.

Of all the meals of the day, I love breakfast.  Specifically pancakes.  Everything that goes along with pancakes too; eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy.  It's all good.  Anytime of the day.  I think it's even better when it's outside normal breakfast times.  There is something special about being with a handful of friends and grabbing breakfast at one in the morning and then losing track of time because the moment everyone is having is so special.

Pancakes, I love pancakes.  I've actually been so busy lately it's been too long since the last time I whipped up a batch.  I don't make them from scratch, I prefer finding a good, premixed batter.  This makes it easier to have spontaneous pancake parties.  Who needs to get a bunch of friends together to go out to a bar or a club, when you can just have everyone over for pancakes?  Yes, this is what I used to do.  Regularly.

One of my favorite pancake parties, we assembled what I like to call 'pancake lasagna'.  There aren't any noodles or spaghetti sauce involved, it's better than that.  I started by making extra large pancakes.  These would replace the noodles in a traditional lasagna.  Then for the layers between the pancakes, a glorious combination of sausage and marscapone with brown sugar mixed in.  The next layer, bacon and pepper jack.  The final layer was back to the sausage and marscapone.  Then, once the last pancakes had been laid on top of our creation, hashbrowns and copious amounts of syrup poured over the whole thing.

It was an undeniable success.  Now that I'm thinking about this.  I think I need to do something with waffles soon.

Thanks,

D

P.S.  Evidence...


No comments:

Post a Comment