Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jackpots...

7/19/2015

One more to go Friends,

Do you ever play the big lotteries?  Not the scratch off tickets or the drawings with only three or four numbers, but the BIG lotteries.  The ones that have life altering money involved.  It's so much money if the jackpot gets big enough it's hard to fathom what that could possibly be like.  I think that, more than the minuscule chance of winning, even a few dollars let alone the big prize, is why I play a few tickets every once in a while.

For the cost of a dollar I get to instantly start visualizing what the first things are I would do with Scrooge McDuck level money.  Here are just a few things.

1. I'd start with giving some of it away.  At least ten percent.  Divided among my church, some of my favorite charities, and probably some random strangers that I found out were in some desperate need.

2. Next would be my family.  I'd figure out what it would take to make sure my parents could begin their retirement ASAP.  Then work my way down the list of siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  My big thing would be paying off any debts they had.  Not owing money to anyone is an amazing feeling.  It's probably the best possible gift I could give them.

3. A new house, in cash, somewhere else.  With a pool.  And an archery range.  And a secret room or two.

4. I'd make sure I establish a solid plan for what to do with all this money.  The best places to invest it, and protect it.  The last thing I'd want to be is one of those unfortunate jackpot winners that have their lives ruined by suddenly coming into a massive amount of money.

5. Then the toys.  New cars, boats, jet skis, full size arcade games, maybe a small bowling alley in the basement of my house.

6. But then what.  It would be time to find something meaningful to do with my life since I would be free from the daily grind of your average job.  How could I help people?  How could I help my community?  Could I possibly figure out a way to impact the world?  That would be the big thing, figuring that out.  I think it's what most of us would want to do if we could break out of the necessary routines of our lives.  If we had more than enough to cover all our needs plus a few toys.  At least, that's what I aspire to.

Thanks,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment